Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Give Thanks = Feel Great. All natural energy and optimism boost.


Sometimes I need to go down-down-down to remember to do what I would tell a friend to do in exactly the same situation.

I came down with the flu officially on the 1st. It started with a niggling headache on the way to church. By the time I was walking down the isle for communion I knew I had to make a dash for it. I was about to faint or throw up – or both – in front of a crowd. Yikes.

Today is January 7th, . I’ve languished through seven days and nights of headaches and hot and cold aches. Now it’s turned into a full blown head cold and a huge snuffy nose.

Can you believe that I’ve been feeling a little sorry for myself? This is not my triumphant launch of the New Year! Finally this morning I remembered the gift of gratitude and its awesome, re-energizing and healing benefits.

According to University of California David psychology Robert Emmons “people who remember to give thanks every day feel better, have more energy, are better liked and are more successful.”

He also went on to say that “Grateful people take better care of themselves and engage in more protective health behaviors like regular exercise, a healthy diet, regular physical examinations.”

Count me in! I can do this!

I would write more here but I have to get busy writing thank notes for Christmas gifts and gatherings. Then there are left over “thank yous” for being my friend, my brother, parent and … Then I’ll whip up a couple thank you notes to stuff in my husband’s lunch box and coat pocket. I’m feeling better just thinking about this.

If you are reading this note, you too are not feeling your mostest. Join me.
Put on some cool music, light a scented candle, gather some fun cards, a big glass of water, some cloth hankies! and take a gratitude break. Leave me a comment and let me know how good you feel a half dozen thank yous from now.

Viveca

P.S. Stock up on fun Thank You Notes (pictured above) and raise money for animal rescues and shelters at http://www.DogCaptions.com.

P.S.S. Check back here on Friday. I have HOT information to share. There is a BEST and natural time of the day for passion, creativity, tough tasks, breaks, collaboration and more. Imagine how easy life could be if you only knew …

No comments: