Monday, May 24, 2010

Adrenal Fatigue: Feeling tired by day and wired by night?

Easy and inexpensive ways to raise your energy all-day-long AND help you sleep
tight at night.

Feeling tired, especially in the early a.m. and 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. time ranges are common fatigue symptoms of a condition called Adrenal Fatigue. The good news is that easy and inexpensive dietary additions can make a huge, immediate difference in physical and emotional levels of fitness.

From Feeling Tired to Feeling Energized! Here are easy-does-it shopping and lifestyle "to do" recommendations.

Energy Boosting & Easy Snoozing Shopping List:
Sea Salt
Kelp (Seaweed)
Green and Black Olives
Vitamin B Complex
Magnesium Citrate
Lavender Essence Oil

Five Energy Boosting "To Dos"
1. Add a ¼ tsp of sea salt to your first 8 oz glass of water in the morning.
2. Mix the Sea Salt and Kelp 50/50 to make an excellent adrenal gland nutritional supplement. Use it anywhere you would use salt including in the Oatmeal Adrenal Gland Energize!
3. Pack a snack bag of olives. They are high in sodium and are manna to your adrenals.
4. Vitamin B Complex. If this is not part of your dietary routine, add it. Adrenal Fatigue suffers experience higher levels of stress, anxiety and mild depression. This helps.
5. Watch thirty minutes of comedy everyday. One source is 30 Rock. Click here to watch a recent episode!

Five Easy Snoozing "To Dos"
1. Avoid the T.V. or Internet after 8:00 p.m. and do relaxing activities.
2. Be in bed no later than 10:00 p.m because your adrenal glands are recharging between 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m.
3. Sprinkle bed pillow with lavender essence oil
4. Take 400 to 800 MG of Magnesium before you go to bed
5. Have a couple bites of cereal with a little rice milk before going to bed.

Is your super woman or man role making you feel tired all the time? You're not alone. Experts suggest that 80% of Americans suffer from adrenal fatigue (and that the other 20% are in denial.) Learn how to wrap your action figure cape around fatigue and cast it out of your life forever in Fatigue Be Gone Jumpstart e-Guide. Available at

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Feeling Tired? Try this easy and delicious energy-boosting soup recipe.

The Adrenal Fatigue Busting Soup!

2 Cups Chopped Green Beans (One inch pieces)
2 Cups Chopped Celery
2 Cups Chopped Zucchini
1 medium onion, chopped
5 crushed garlic cloves (Crush then let sit for up to fifteen minutes before cooking.)
Handful of chopped kale (Ten large leaves without stems. Feed the stems to your dog!)
2 tbsp. raw honey
2 cups fresh water
2 cups chicken broth

2 TBSP Seaweed
1 ½ TBSP Salt/Kelp Mix
Your "Super Beneficial" Blood Type Diet Spices

Directions: Combine everything and let simmer for an hour. Freeze half so you will have fast and easy lunches or dinner additions.

This recipe goes great with left-overs thrown in! Add in last night's chicken and brown rice or a left over hard-boiled egg. Whatever you have on hand will only make this even more scrumptious.

I freeze this is single serving glass jars for easy brown bag office lunches. You don't have to buy anything special just reuse empty jam and sauce jars.


What is Adrenal Fatigue? Click here for more information and to help yourself feel better – fast.

Source: Adapted from Dolores S. Downey's "Taz" soup, "Balancing body chemistry with nutrition seminars," Cannonburg, MI 49317, page 158.