Most health insurance plans include a FREE annual physical. Most of us walk into this appointment with less preparation than we'd put into a Baskin & Robbins outing! Is this because it is free? Partly. The big reason is a characteristic typically expressed by chronically fatigued women and men.
We (cough, couch) tend to not take care of ourselves or take notice of our "selves." We take great care of our significant others. We are attentive to work and community obligations BUT when it comes to self-care … we flat line.
I'm not putting anyone down. Look to your right or left – that's me in the trenches next to you!
Next Thursday, March 11th, is a very important doctor's appointment. Nine days out. Today I started filling out the Fatigue Be Gone "Daily Food & Activity Log." This log is designed to help uncover your fatigue causes and symptoms, patterns and blocks. Click here a copy you can start using today. PDF file.
So far I've uncovered the following fatigue causes & culprits …
- I make my husband a great bag lunch everyday. This includes carrots, apple slices, nuts, dried fruit … good food with good energy-boosting snacks. Me, I tend to work through lunch … then I have the afternoon slump. Duh.
- Not drinking enough water. Will keep track to be sure I am getting those 8-glasses a day. Dehydration has been a past fatigue.
- Too many open projects. Mental fatigue is rolling over into physical fatigue. Time to pick what needs to go away, go on hold or be completed. (Completing taxes this weekend will help but I still need to cut back. Very tough when everything seems so important.)
- A toxic relationship is draining me … needs to acknowledge that and release or rejuvenate it.
- Thinking about working out is not the same as working out. It is not working to be in two places at once. I need to get my booty back to the gym – no excuses.
- Nails are brittle, breaking easily. Do I have a Vitamin B deficiency? Will request a test. Have been borderline anemic over the past years. Will also request to have that re-tested.
When is your annual physical? Aside from the Fatigue Be Gone "Daily Food & Activity Log" you might benefit from investing $9.95 in the Fatigue Be Gone Jumpstart e-Guide. The guide includes thorough health and lifestyle surveys, simple home medical tests that will save both time and money (yours and the doc) plus energy-boosting tips, tools and techniques.
Psst. If you are suffering from fatigue don't wait to schedule your physical. There is a big difference between feeling tired and feeling tired all the time. In this case, make your physical appointment today and order the Fatigue Be Gone Guide to help prepare yourself.
Bottom-line truth. No one will ever care more about your health than you. No one else will ever spend the time you can to figure out what is going wrong. You'll get maybe five or ten minutes with your doctor … Do your homework. You will be amazed at what your hours + their minutes will accomplish.