Friday, June 05, 2009

It's D-Day. DMV Bingo Day.


Yep. My driver's license expired on my birthday -- 11 days ago.

How? Why?


Easy. I filled out and mailed in the renewal form a month before b-day, now d-day. I didn't check the boxes on the back of the form. It took almost two weeks to get the application back in the mail, rejected because of those missing checkmarks. By then I had thrown out the paper with the secret "pin code" that would have allowed me to register on-line.

Then, I just gave up.

So today is the day. Right now is that morning.

Oh, and did I mention that somehow my car registration expired in April? The gate guard at Quantico brought that to my husband’s attention this week. Michael suggested that I go ahead and renew both cars while I'm at it ... this tip was offered with a sly grin.

So I get to play DMV Bingo, twice.

Disorganization is an ugly thing. If you are a hare-brained person like me - get help. One place is at www.OnLineOrganizing.com.

Well - gotta go. Do you feel like sharing something silly and completely avoidable that you brought down upon yourself recently? I'd feel better if you did.

Viveca



P.S. I will be BACK! And, I'll post a smoothie recipe and a "greens" recipe for our Monday Fruit and Veggie Day!

1 comment:

viveca said...

I survived.

Guess what? I get to go back next week!!! I needed a passport or birth certificate for the driver’s license application ... at least the cars are registered and I made a new friend named Alicia.

I also learned some new, cool stuff including the factoid that the best time to go to the DMV is mid-week in the middle of the day. File that away somewhere!

There is always a silver lining – sometimes we just have to dig for it!

Cheers! V.