Friday, August 17, 2007

Sparkling Cinnamon, Ginger Water. Ahhhhhh.

This is what I cart around with me instead of sodas or javas. Why?

Benefits of Cinnamon: Can lower LDL cholesterol, may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes and is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium. Tastes great. ( I put one of those cinnamon sticks in my water bottle.)

Benefits of Ginger: As a mood enhancer, ginger's cineole content may help contribute to stress relief. Ginger is also thought to be good for circulation. (I cut up slices of ginger and drop them in.)

Benefits of Water: Oh I could go on and on about this. You know how plants drop when they are starving for water? So do we but instead of reaching for a simple glass of water usually we try to get back in the game with a cup of coffee (further dehydrates) or a fatty, sugary treat (fills us out not up.)

Give this a sip. For an extra tange and exhilaration, drop in a couple tsps of apple cider vinegar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! Do you heat the water before you put everything in or just use it cold?

Viveca said...

I enjoy it both ways so whatever works for you!

Viveca

Anonymous said...

I am currently undergoing chemo and was recommended by my doctor to try putting the ginger in my water to help with the taste changes due to the chemo. Thank you posting this! I'm looking forwarding to trying the cinnamon sticks as well. Thank you!

Sharon
Phx, AZ