Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Make that call - Taking action is the ultimate energy boost!

Who do you know could be helping you feel GREAT but, for whatever reason, you keep putting off making that call and scheduling that appointment?

I'll share! For me it was the trainer at my gym.

For the past year I have duly noted the offer of a "Free Assessment" and 3 free training appointments. Instead of taking advantage of this fabulous offer I have been p-r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-n-g.

One of my favorite excuses is that I am not in good enough shape. This is like not hiring a "Merry Maid" because the house isn't clean enough. (I have a girlfriend doing THAT one!) Another is that the trainers are too young and won't be able to relate to me. (Like I'm ancient?! Where did that come from!)

Enough of the excuses! 5 minutes ago I marched into my office and made that call. My first appointment is next Tuesday at 6:00 a.m. with Troy. Troy -- that's my father's name -- must be a good sign! And, you know what? I got such a rush of energy when I hung up that phone. Positive action is the ultimate energy boost!

So my friend - your turn. Take time now - today - to make your call for help. You will be so happy you did!

No comments: